Interested in writing a novel, but you don’t know what to write about? Ever wonder where ideas for stories come from? Jason and Ben break down the magic of questions that begin, “What if…?”
ABOUT THE HOSTS:
Jason Buchholz’s acclaimed debut novel, A Paper Son, published by Tyrus Books in 2016, explores themes of migration, borderlands, heritage, and the sometimes hidden stories that bind us all together. He has ghostwritten books and book proposals for a variety of authors and as an editor he has fostered the development of dozens of manuscripts, both in fiction and nonfiction. He has also worked as a journalist and a travel writer. A current nonfiction project has him hiking and kayaking deep into the quiet landscapes of the many wilderness areas of Northern California, where he lives. When he’s not writing or reading he spends his time playing and traveling with his son and daughter. Jason graduated from UC Berkeley and holds an MFA from the University of San Francisco.
Ben LeRoy has long been fascinated by the power of words and story to connect and expand the world. He was the founder and publisher of the critically acclaimed publishing companies Bleak House Books (2000-2009) and Tyrus Books (2009-2017) until the latter was sold to Simon & Schuster. During his time in publishing, Ben was a frequent speaker at conferences and routinely interviewed for pieces about the industry. In 2014, after the suicide death of a friend, Ben did volunteer work in all 50 states as part of the Be Local Everywhere project.
RESOURCES & LINKS:
- Need an Editor, Ghostwriter, or Coach? Hire a Collaborist! – https://collaborist.org/services/
- Looking for a Writers’ Group? – https://collaborist.org/writers-groups/
- Interested in a book mentioned during the podcast? – https://bookshop.org/shop/collaborist
- More about Jason Buchholz – http://www.jasonbuchholz.com/
- More about Ben LeRoy – http://www.thebenleroy.com
- Collaborist on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/Collaborist1
- Collaborist on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thecollaborist
- Collaborist on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-collaborist
If you have questions you’d like answered on a future episode of Collaborcast, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to work them into a future episode of the podcast.
Thank you, as always, to Self Help, for the bumper music.